You are here

Pro Hac Vice Procedures

Procedures for Applying to Appear Pro Hac Vice:
  1. Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice is filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court

    The original motion must be filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. It may be filed electronically by a member of the bar on behalf of the attorney seeking permission to appear pro hac vice or the motion may be filed in paper by the attorney him/herself.

  2. Payment of the Fee is to U.S. District Court

    Immediately upon filing the motion in the Bankruptcy Court, the attorney must pay the required fee to the U.S District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
    Note: The Bankruptcy Court cannot accept payment for this fee under any circumstances

    This fee must be paid via credit card online at Paper checks are no longer accepted.

    The current fee for Motions to Appear Pro Hac Vice can be found here:

  3. Granting of the Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice

    The U.S. District Court will process the payment and advise the Bankruptcy Court when the fee has been paid. The U.S. Bankruptcy Court will enter an order granting the motion only upon payment of the required fee.