You are here

Filing a Proof of Claim by Mail

1. Download the official Form B410 - Click Here

2. Complete the proof of claim form by entering the information related to the specifics debt. Attach copies of the supporting documents, such as contracts, court judgements, invoices or liens. Do not submit the original documents.

3. If you would like the court to date stamp and return a copy of your claim to you as proof of its filing, include a copy of the claim and a self-addressed stamped envelope. The Court will not return copies without sufficient postage provided.

4. If you are filing a transfer or assignment of claim, you must include the fee for transfer of claim in a bankruptcy case. Cashier's checks, money orders or creditor checks are accepted. See Filing Fees

5. If you are filing a Withdrawal of Claim please note that there is no specific form used to withdraw a claim but your correspondence to the Court must include:

  • Debtor Name and Case Number
  • Creditor Name and Address
  • Court Claim Number (if known)
  • Date Claim Filed
  • Total Amount of Claim Filed

6. Mail your claim to the court where your debtor filed their bankruptcy using one of the following addresses:

United States Bankruptcy Court
John W. McCormack Post Office and Court House
5 Post Office Square, Suite 1150
Boston, MA 02109-3945

United States Bankruptcy Court
Donohue Federal Building
595 Main Street, Room 211
Worcester, MA 01608-2076

United States Bankruptcy Court
United States Courthouse
300 State Street
Springfield, MA 01105