Writs of Execution

The U.S. Bankruptcy Court may issue a Writ of Execution to U.S. Marshal and his/her deputies but the Bankruptcy Court does not have the authority to issue such a Writ to a state or local official. Note: The U.S. Marshal Service does not have Special Process Servers or deputy sheriffs - these are state or local officials. To have a Special Process Server or deputy sheriff execute your Writ, you must first register the judgment with the state court and request the a Writ of Execution from them.

Use Form B265 to register the judgment and request a Writ of Execution from the state court. See Form B265 for instructions.

Use Form B264 to have the U.S. Marshal Service execute your Writ. See Form B264 for instructions.