Financial Management Certificate Instructions for E-Filing
To file a Personal Financial Management Course Certificate, you must:
- Enter the case number
- Read the Important Notices.
- Certify that by filing a document through this program you understand and agree with the conditions listed in the notices.
Specifically, use of the eFinCert program to file Official Form 23 constitutes certification by the filer of the following:
1. You swear and affirm under penalty of perjury that you are properly authorized to submit this Certificate on behalf of the debtor(s) to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts and that you are doing so as a U.S. Trustee-Approved debtor education provider.
2. You understand and agree that failure to timely file a Certificate of a debtor’s completion of the course in accordance with Fed. R. Bankr. P. 1007(c) could result in the closing of the debtor’s case without a discharge. Further, should a Certificate be filed late, through no fault of the debtor(s), the court will notify the Executive Office for U.S. Trustee and request reconsideration of your approval status.
3. You understand that the penalty for filing a fraudulent certification: is a fine of up to $500,000 or imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both. See 18 U.S.C. §152 and §3571.
Course Certificates must be in PDF format to be uploaded. Documents cannot exceed 10 Mb in size.
The following information must be entered:
- Name of Course Provider
- Phone Number of Course Provider
- Email address to receive confirmation
Once the Certificate has been submitted, a verification screen will display.