New Case, Converted Case, Split Case, Ancillary Proceeding and Case Reopening
The following fees apply to the filing or reopening of cases:
- Chapter 7 Petition* $306.00
- Chapter 9 Petition $1,213.00
- Chapter 11 Petition* $1,213.00
- Chapter 12 Petition* $246.00
- Chapter 13 Petition* $281.00
Chapter 15 Petition* $1,213.00
*These fees may be paid in installments by individual debtors only.
- Reopen Chapter 7 $260.00
- Reopen Chapter 9 $1,167.00
- Reopen Chapter 11 $1,167.00
- Reopen Chapter 12 $200.00
- Reopen Chapter 13 $235.00
- Reopen Chapter 15 $1,167.00
- Conversion from Chapter 7 to Chapter 11 $922.00
- Conversion from Chapter 13 to Chapter 11 $932.00
- Conversion from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7 $25.00
- Conversion from Chapter 12 to Chapter 7 $60.00
Conversion from Chapter 12 to Chapter 13 $35.00
No fee is charged for converting a chapter 7 case to a chapter 13 case. No refund shall be given for the difference between the filing fees for the representative chapters.
- Splitting a Chapter 7 Case $306.00
- Splitting a Chapter 11 Case $1,213.00
- Splitting a Chapter 12 Case $246.00
- Splitting a Chapter 13 Case $281.00
- The fee for the filing of a motion for relief from the automatic stay under 11 U.S.C. ' 362(d) is $176.00.
- The fee for the filing of a motion to withdraw the reference is $176.00.
- The fee for the filing of a motion to compel abandonment of property of the estate is $176.00.
- The fee for the filing of a motion to convert or a notice of conversion from a chapter 11 case to a chapter 7 case is $15.00.
- The fee for the filing of a motion to convert or a notice of conversion from a chapter 12 case to a chapter 7 case is $60.00.
- Adversary Proceedings
The filing fee for a complaint is $293.00, except that no fee is required if the United States or the debtor in a chapter 7 or chapter 13 case is the plaintiff. The debtor-in-possession in a chapter 11 case must pay the filing fee. If a trustee in a case under Title 11 is the plaintiff, the fee shall be payable only from the estate to the extent of available funds. The court may, upon motion of a trustee, defer payment of the filing fee.
- Miscellaneous Fees
- Notice of Appeal from Final Order** $298.00
- Cross Appeal** $298.00
Direct Appeal*** $298.00
** The clerk must collect a notice of appeal fee of $5.00 and docketing fee of $293.00.
***An additional $157.00 is due if the Circuit Court accepts a direct appeal.
Notice of Appeal from Interlocutory Order $5.00
(If a motion for leave to appeal is allowed, an additional $293.00 will be due.)
- Amendment to Schedules D, E and F or List of Creditors $30.00
- Clerk's Certificate $21.00
Records Search $30.00
(If copies are requested, a copy charge also will be assessed.)
- Transfer of a Claim in a Bankruptcy Case $25.00
- Retrieval of Closed File from Federal Records Center $53.00
- Certification of Document $11.00
- Document Exemplification $21.00
- Copies per page $0.50
- Registering a Judgment from another District $46.00
- Reproduction of an Audio Recording $30.00
- Check Returned Due to Insufficient Funds $53.00